JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – After calling the spending plan “disingenuous” last month, Gov. Mike Parson slashed a billion dollars out of the budget lawmakers sent him.
Unlike previous years, this year’s budget process was anything but normal, which is why the governor said at some point lawmakers will have to fix it. Parson announced late Friday that he was cutting more than 170 items from the spending plan and by doing that, he is protecting the taxpayer’s dime and eliminating unnecessary pet projects.
“There’s just a lot of overspending,” Parson said. “I think there were over 600 earmarks in the budget.”
The full article is available at ozarksfirst.com.
(Story by Emily Manley, ozarksfirst.com)
Heat Advisory Back in Place Today
Highway 76 Work Along Lake Taneycomo in Hollister Set for 2027
Taney County Health Department Begins "Building Communities for Better Health" Initiative
Up and Down Weather Week Ahead
Identity of Suspect Causing Damage to Forsyth Fire Station Released