The former Governor of Arkansas will seek a higher office in 2024.
Former Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson announced that he will seek the Republican nomination for President in the 2024 election.
Hutchinson voiced his intent to run during an April 2 interview with Jon Karl.
“I have made a decision,” Hutchinson said. “And my decision is I’m going to run for President of the United States.” He added that he intends to make a formal announcement in Bentonville later this month.
“I’ve traveled the country for six months. I hear people talk about the leadership of our country and I’m convinced that people want leaders that appeal to the best of America, and not simply appeal to our worst instincts.”
Asa Hutchinson Statement on Sunday
The former governor previously said that a third campaign by former President Donald Trump would be the “worst scenario” for Republicans.
(Story by C.C. McCandless, KNWA/Ozarks First)
Heat Advisory Back in Place Today
Highway 76 Work Along Lake Taneycomo in Hollister Set for 2027
Taney County Health Department Begins "Building Communities for Better Health" Initiative
Up and Down Weather Week Ahead
Identity of Suspect Causing Damage to Forsyth Fire Station Released