Listen Live

Table Rock Asphault-TRAC Materials

Phone Number: 417-337-4997
Address: 3269 State Hwy 248, Branson, 65616

Vance Brothers purchased Street Oil Company in 1953. During the late 1950s they ran it as Table Rock Asphalt and did small chip and seal jobs, water line jobs and started a small ready mix concrete operation. The late 1950s saw the addition of a silo so bulk cement could be brought in by railcar and a 10’X12’ office was built at the RR tracks on Commercial Street.

In May of 1961 Harles Simmons took over as manager of what was then a ten employee operation. His first order of business was to clean up the existing equipment and that resulted in $15,000 of expense that year that put the company in the red. Later in 1961 the company put it’s first barge in Lake Taneycomo to start dredging sand and gravel to use as aggregate and for sale. The early 60s saw most of the contractors start using ready mix concrete for footings and for foundations which put the ready mix operation on a “sound footing”. The plant at that time was an operation with a skip hopper that the drivers slid under the bin, filled the hopper and slid it over to dump in the mixer. That procedure was repeated until the required amounts were in the mixer.

1962 saw the addition of land for a shop near the office and on December 21, 1962 the company was incorporated as Table Rock Asphalt Construction Co., Inc. by Harold Vance, Leonard Vance and Harles Simmons.

Listen Live to Our Family of Stations


Ways To Listen